A traditional neighborhood in Boalsburg, PA
Nestled at the foot of Tussey Mountain in Centre County, Pennsylvania, is Springfield Commons, a unique traditional neighborhood. Springfield Commons is conveniently located just seven miles from The Pennsylvania State University and downtown State College and is within easy walking distance to historic Boalsburg.
Our vision for this community is to be a pedestrian friendly neighborhood with sidewalks and front porches throughout. There is a mix of housing types and prices that will allow buyers of all ages to find a home that works for them. Springfield Commons is now an "open build" community where buyers can choose their own builder to build the home of their dreams.
Features of Springfield Commons:
- Traditional neighborhood design that complements the historic character of Boalsburg
- The Community Center serves as a gathering place where residents can meet and have social functions. Residents can reserve the Community Center for family reunions, weddings, meetings, etc. Also available in the Community Center are a fitness center, meeting rooms and a complete kitchen.
- Homes meet ENERGY STAR standards.
- Lawn care, snow removal from all private driveways and public/private sidewalks, and maintenance of all common areas and the Community Center are provided by the Homeowner’s Association (HOA).
- Period light posts along all streets that are on from dusk to dawn
- Public utilities consisting of water, sewer, electric, cable TV, phone service, and Wi-Fi are available. Each homeowner will receive individual bills from utility providers. Sewer and Wi-Fi service are provided by the HOA.
- More than 36% of the 22-acre tract is permanent open space with two Village Greens and a playground.
- CATA bus service is available at one entrance to the development.
- Prospective homeowners choose their own builder.
- Springfield Commons is not age-restricted.